Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why Blogging > Studying

Why is blogging for The 'Maiden (that's right I abbreviated it...author's rights y'all - GET SOME - (also, this parenthetical rant completely defeated the purpose of abbreviating, (& commence triple layer parentheses... (Quadruple, what now?!)))), so much better than studying for final exams? Funny you should ask. You see, this question is far from difficult for me to answer. The one that I'm really struggling with is whether to approach this using list-form, personal narrative, photographic journalism, equational logic, expressive praise + worship via my keyboard, or haiku. Ehhh Ahhhh Uggghh? All of the above? Challenge accepted. (I can't promise that my conciseness will improve. See above text. Obviously not.)


So here I was, studying my Biology slides. Oh, how fascinating, I thought to myself, Scala Naturae and System Naturae and plants and trees, whoa. It was then that I realized how much I needed another Diet Coke. Proceeding to retrieve this precious sustenance, I cracked that beauty open and my caffeine addiction was curbed. Addiction. Oh, this is bad. I gulped. What happened to temperance, self control, mortification of the senses? I value those things! Would Jesus allow himself to become addicted to a brew of carbonated water, artificial flavoring, aspartame, and caramel coloring?

As I began to have a small-scale debate in my head about the potential-modern-Jesus' caffeine habits - hold up. There it is. That name. JESUS. Hey, He's the love of my life. From this point onward, my once academically focused thoughts began to spiral downward (or upward, I suppose), into one huge

Holy, Holy, Holy, Is the Lord God Almighty 
Who was and is and is to come...

Just like this! But inside my head. 
Which is one reason that writing this is so much better than studying. See through SCIENCE we know that if A=B and B=C, then A=C. 

Blogging = Evangelization
Evangelization = Love
therefore,
Blogging =  Love

And as we all know, courtesy of Les Beatles:

...love is all you need.

So. By blogging I am actually doing the following wonderful and Oh-so-much better-than-studying kinds of things;

1. Evangelizing. Don't think that I'm planting the Jesus seed in your head right now? Think about something besides Jesus right now. It can be anything. Pancakes, laundry machines, don't think about Jesus, your mother, toenails, Spongebob Squarepants, don't you dare think about how much Jesus loves you, Justin Bieber, Jesus saves...Jesus. Jesus. And you've just been evangelized.

2. Loving you. Yes, you. Love means willing the good of another person. We've learned previously (See #1) that Jesus saves. Since I want that to happen to you, and it is for your utmost good that this does, I am writing about it that you may feast your eyes upon truth and therefore am loving you. You know who else loves you? Jesus Christ. How do I know? He died to know you and to be with you for all o eternity. That's pretty legitimate. Look! I even wrote a haiku about it so that those of us who are artistically inclined can be moved by this awesome truth as well...

Jesus.
The Lord loves you lots
He loves you so stinking much
Jesus loves you lots

...Yes, this is what I learn in college. Maybe next time I'll write a sonnet. Or a limerick. 

3. Embracing my duty as a baptized member of Christ's Holy Catholic Church. (See also #1) Basically big fancy words for: I got dunked therefore I'm God's child and must tell everybody I know that said dunking saved my life. Seriously, Baptism. Try it out. Also, don't be afraid of a little water. We have a lifeguard who walks on water at your disposal. 


4. Spending time investing in the kingdom of heaven. How could I not give everything to Jesus, even my free time and the fear of what others may think of me if I boldly proclaim his word? If I was infinitely sunken in a horrible dept, only an infinite source of currency could pay my dues fully. Jesus wants to do this. He wants to pay our debts and then offer us a safe place for our treasures. I would make a safe bet that if I was offered a savings account with an infinite interest rate, I'd fork over every last cent and treasure I own! Not just the nickels and dimes I find between the cushions, either. Nope. I'd invest every last gold bar, diamond, Franklin, (as if I possessed these things)...the good stuff. Jesus is the same way. He wants the stuff that matters most to us, even the most valuable of these that we keep locked safe away from harm. Contrary to worldly tradition, this is not so that he can take our assets and invest in Walmart. He does this so he can polish, multiply, and store away our treasures for all of eternity with him. I'm all in, are you? 

So there you have it. Reasons that writing about the LORD of the UNIVERSE is much better/more fruitful/virtuous than studying for exams. I suppose I could have just said;
Because my goal in this life is to get to heaven and bring as many people with me as I can. 
But that just seemed too easy. 

4 comments:

  1. (*laugh*) Finally... someone else who uses parentheses with gratuitous abandon! Solidarity, sister!

    You have a great style... and a (nicely) bizarre sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Why thank you, it's refreshing to see such kind words in the comment box =] !!! Also, thanks for all of the comments you've been leaving in defense of my posts, let's be friends...you seriously rock

      Delete