Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Letter to the Enemy.

My Dear Disgusting Wicked Enemy, 

Greetings. It is my hope that your day has been quite a struggle in all that you oh-so-stealthily and nastily do. I intend to make this letter short and to the point, but we will see how that goes, won't we? Nonetheless, I write to you in order to make a few things very clear. I won't keep your slimy self waiting, so here they are; 

Back off of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Gasp. I said Christ. Jesus. You shudder at his very name, don't you? Is it that you are intimidated, or that you know he has already beat you and will continue to do so for all of eternity until he puts you back where you eternally belong? I would suppose it's both. Do you not understand that when they are faced with the evil you twinkle in front of their faces all they need do is say his holy name? He crushed you once, and he will do it again. Errrday bud. 

But you know that, don't you? You know that he's fighting jealously for our souls that he rightfully won for us. You must know that he has given us his mother as our own to beat you down like a madwoman armed with a sledgehammer faced with a garden snake who's going after her babies. All at the response of a single cry to her. Has it not sunken into your illegitimate and measly brain yet that he holds us up when we don't possess our own strength anymore? Even as we offend him and turn our backs on him and toward your brutally ugly face, he grips us tightly. So get at me. Because he's quite literally got my back. 

You tempted him in the desert once, I'm sure you remember it like it was yesterday. Yea, how did that go for you, by the way. Personally I heard it was a fail. Nice effort though. You again attacked his human nature by having him nailed to a cross. How about that, did it work out for you? Nope. ULTIMATE FAIL. Did you not realize that he is both human and God? I mean really, it's so foolish. What were you expecting?!! Him to stay dead and upon descending to hell in utter separation from God, stay there? Huh. You missed the cognitive reasoning process there, I believe. 

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I pity you. You're forever separated from love, from the source of living water through whom all good things come. Does my God, my Jesus love you and long for you in the same way he longs for my brothers and sisters? I suppose I will never know. What I do know is that you have hurt and tempted his holy Church and for that you will pay, mark HIS words. 

Praise be Jesus Christ, Now and Forever. (I hope that stung like a thousand paper cuts.)

In Jesus Christ,
Bridget Ann Teresa Buettner. 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, funny and true...
    But I hope you don't mind if I mention that I think you got one little detail wrong. Many people think that Christ's descent into hell was like the ultimate humbling for Him, etc., but actually Christ's descent to hell is better understood as His greatest triumph. A lot of people think that hell is Satan's domain, and he's ruling down there somewhere. Actually, Christ is Lord of hell, and hell is Satan's place of punishment just as it is for the rest he causes to fall with him down to the abyss. Christ ultimately triumphed over even death by descending to Satan's prison, just to show him who's boss, basically. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some tough words for the enemy. Keep this up and I’ll start calling you “The Iron Maiden” ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a wonderful little piece from a sermon today. I realize this is a Catholic blog, but I love you all dearly...therefore I have chosen to take a huge chance here and post a snipit from one of your "enemies," Dr. Luther. :) I think you will like it though. From a Luther sermon from 1532:

    "'Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ' (1 Cor. 15:57). Here shall a Christian learn how to grasp and use the Gospel message, when the time of battle is come and the Law attacks and accuses him, and his own conscience tells him: this wrong you have done, and you are a sinner, and what you deserve is death, and so on, that at such a time he may with true confidence reply: Alas, I am a sinner and I have well deserved death. You are right, but condemn and kill me on that account you shall not. There is One who will hinder you, who is called my Lord Christ, whom you have accused and murdered, although He was innocent. But do you not know how you were burnt and bruised by Him, thus losing all your rights over me and all other Christians? For He bore sin and death, not for His own sake, but for me. Therefore, I grant you no right over me, rather I have a right over you, because you attack me although I am innocent, you who were before conquered and condemned by Him, so that you should leave me in peace. For I am no longer merely a child of man; I have become the child of God; for I have been baptised in His blood and His victory, and arrayed in all the riches of His bounty. Behold, in such manner must all Christians arm themselves with the victory of Christ and repel the devil with it."

    ReplyDelete